JOIN US IN OUR WEEKLY STUDY SERIES ON DISCOVERING THE GLORIOUS GOSPEL BY PAUL WASHER:
- The Presupposition of the Gospel – allegiance to the sole infallible authority of the Scripture is crucial in our understanding of the gospel.
- The Divine Dilemma and the Gospel – the greatest question that a man has to deal with if he is truly concerned about his own soul is this: “how can a man be right with God?”
- The Father’s Motive 1: For His Glory – The glory of our salvation depends on, revolves around, and directs to the glory of God alone.
- The Father’s Motive 2: For the Love of His People – It was God’s love and not man’s merit that moved Him to save us.
- The Son’s Motive in Coming to Save – Christ died for God, for us, & for His own joy–and we sinners, underserving of His great love are made to see by faith the spectacular parade of His beauty & attributes gloriously displayed in the gospel.
- The Son of God in Glory: His Deity
- The Son of God in Glory: His Glory
- The Son’s Incarnation 1
- The Son’s Incarnation 2
If I, (said one) should live a thousand years, and every day die a thousand times the same death for Christ that He once died for me, yet all this would be nothing to the sorrows Christ endured in His death.
In all of our engagements with Atheists, we should never fail to preach the gospel. We do not engage with them just for the sake of winning a debate or an argument but to win their souls and to take every thought captive to make it obedient to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5).
But in the Theanthropos, the God-Man, comes divine balance.
Only in Him does the vast eternal come into proper relationship with the temporal and created.
– Dr. James White